posted Sep 10, 2016, 12:16 AM by JCNC Technology
updated Sep 10, 2016, 12:24 AM
Shree Adinathji Namo Namah!! Shree Parshvanathji Namo Namah!! Shri Mahaveer Swamiji Namo Namah!!
Daslakshan Parva (दशलक्षण पर्व)
September 6th – September 15th
http://www.jcnc.org Phone: (408) 262-6242
Today is the third day of the the Daslakshan Parva.
Parva or the Festival of ten virtues is the Paryushan festival
celebrated by Digambar Jains annually for self-purification and uplift.
This parva ultimately leads the soul to its true destination of ultimate
happiness and freedom i.e nirvana or salvation or moksha.
Following are the ten universal virtues: 1. क्षमा 2. विनम्रता 3. माया का विनाश 4. निर्मलता 5. सत्य 6. संयम 7. तप 8. त्याग 9.परिग्रह का निवारण 10. ब्रह्मचर्य.At
JCNC, we have many religious programs and activities lined up for our
community to participate and make the Daslakshan spiritual and most
- Detailed program schedules:Click here for detail Das Lakshan Schedule.
- During the ten days of Daslakshan, we have the opportunity to listen Dr. Abhay Dagade Ji, who is visiting from India
- Key Events:
We humbly request you to:
- Sunday, September 11, 2016 - Dhoop Dashami
- Thursday, September 15, 2016 - Ananth Chaturdashi (10th day)
- Saturday, September 17, 2016 - Tapasvi Bahumaan / Kshamavani
- RSVP here for Swamivatsalya lunch this coming Saturday 9/10 and Sunday 9/11
- Token system will be in place for meals. We request you edit headcount for your family for any changes, latest by 10 PM the day before each meal.
- Please collect the meals token from the designated booth, the booth will be open by11:00AM on Saturday and Sunday.
- Please give the token and get the plate at the food serving counter.
note, we need your help, we are very much short in parking over the
weekends at JCNC, please carpool wherever possible and take seva-laabh
donate generously to JCNC Jivdaya Fund, Promo Veggi Fund, General Fund,
Swamivatsalya Fund. Please bring your checkbook. Thanks!
Paryushan - Das Lakshan Do's & Don't worksheet 2016 Information Worksheet
Temple is open all day during Paryushan and Daslakshan
For all other details about Paryushan and Das Lakshan events, please visit JCNC website at http://www.jcnc.org/paryushan/2016-paryushan-and-das-lakshana
For any further inquiries, please email email@example.com
We are humbly asking all tapasvis Sukh-Sata and Khamat-Khamna on behalf of the entire JCNC Sangh.
JCNC Executive Committee 2016
Live and Let live! Forgive and Forget! Ahimsa!