JCNC Elections 2014
Verified Nominations (Updated) and Voting Process
The Election Committee of JCNC is proud to announce that we have received 22 verified nominations, for 11 open positions with 15 open seats. The following have been nominated, validated and confirmed for the elections this year, to the JCNC Board of Directors and the Executive Committee for the upcoming term starting in 2015.
Please read through the document for the process to Vote in these elections. Nominee information is updated based on a few withdrawals for contested positions.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) POSITIONS:
Finance [1 year term] (1 seat)
JCNC Elections 2014: Voting Process
TO: JCNC GENERAL MEMBERSHIP BODY
eBallots are only sent to your JCNC registered email address - one for you as a member and one for your spouse (if spouse name is registered with JCNC).
If you (or eligible spouse) do not receive an eBallot and would like one, please update your email addresses at www.jcnc.org or at the JCNC Administrator's office at the Jain Bhawan, and please send an email to email@example.com with subject: "re:Online Ballot Request" by midnight October 22nd providing complete membership details : Name, Address, Telephone number, Home and Email address. On verification of the membership, a special eBallot request will be sent to you.
As per JCNC Executive Committee update, the Mahavir Nirvana Day Program is scheduled on October 25th 2014. In-person voting for JCNC offices, shall be held on the same day – October 25th at the Jain Bhawan, from 10:30am to 2:30pm for eligible members who choose to vote in-person and have not voted online or via an Absentee Ballot.
Members who cannot vote ONLINE or cannot vote in-person on October 25th 2014 at the Jain Bhawan can down load the Absentee Ballot by clicking this link or you can collect the Absentee Ballot from JCNC Milpitas temple office or bulletin board (as per your convenience).
Please follow instructions listed below. If any of these steps are not followed properly, your vote may be rejected.
Instructions for Voting
1. Once you have the Absentee ballot, you are required to call one of the Elections Committee members listed here to get unique Serial #, JCNC membership #. Utpal Mehta (408-802-3786), Yogendra Bobra (408 529 1339), Kiran Shah (408) 892 9912, Rajendra Shah (408) 238 2694, Ashok Sethi (408) 728 9860
2. Elections Committee will verify your eligibility to vote in 2014 JCNC Elections. After verification of the eligibility to participate in 2014 JCNC Elections, Election Committee will assign a unique serial number for your ballot and give your JCNC membership #, if you need it.
3. You must write the unique serial # & JCNC membership # on the Absentee ballot, sign and date the ballot and put it in an envelope. Seal the envelop and sign across the glue line and send it to JCNC Temple in Milpitas or drop-off in a marked ballot box “JCNC 2014 Election Absentee Ballot Box” at the Temple in Milpitas.
4. The Absentee ballot should reach JCNC Temple in Milpitas no later than 8pm on 24th Oct., 2014 to be included in counting on 25th Oct., 2014 for JCNC 2014 elections.
5. You must use the “ JCNC 2014 Election Absentee Ballot – 10182014” any other form will be disregarded.
If there are multiple votes (More than two for family membership or more than 1 for individual membership) from the same membership or multiple votes by the same member, all the votes for that membership will be disqualified.
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/ clarifications regarding these elections.
JCNC 2014 Elections Committee
Yogendra Bobra (Chair), Bijal Vakil (Legal Counsel), Ashok Sethi, Kiran Shah, Rajendra Shah, Utpal Mehta