Saturday May 2nd, 2015 6:30 AM to 12:00PM
After spectacular performances by kids on Mahavir Janma Kalyanak day JCNC cultural team has organized the Mission Peak Hike to show their enthusiasm and strength on May 2nd. This event is part of our effort to involve kids in activities outside regular Shala like Cultural Program, Shala Day Camp, Shala Sleepover, Jivdaya Trip to name a few. With your participation and suggestions we plan to bring more of such events.
This event is open to everyone and is a perfect opportunity to mingle with fellow JCNC members while exercising and enjoying the stunning views of valley. We plan to hike about 5 miles round trip out of 6.25 miles but you can hike as much as you can. We recommend children with age 6 and above.
Brunch: At the end of your hike, when you are tired, you will be greeted by our volunteers to take you to Mrs. Sandhya and Mr. Prem Jains' home. You will enjoy relaxing and calm environment in their beautiful backyard along with delicious brunch. Brunch will be served from 10:30 am to Noon. We want to thank Jain Family wholeheartedly for sponsoring this for our JCNC community. Address: 45269 Rutherford Terrace, Fremont, CA 94530.
Check-In Time: 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM on Saturday May 2nd, 2015
Kids Hiking (Age Group 6-7)led by two volunteers – Start time 8:45 AM Return by 10:00 AM
Brunch Start Time –10:30 AM
Brunch End Time –12:00 PM
What To Bring, What to Wear:
● JCNC will provide a small snack on first come and first serve basis.
● Bring a small backpack with adequate supply of water/juice as per your need.
● Sturdy hiking shoes or tennis shoes (no sandals, flip-flops) comfortable for hike.
● Sunblock. It will be a sunny and hot day.
● Clothing with layers and/or light jacket or sweatshirt
● Cap, hat, sun-glasses
● Please wear JCNC T-Shirt or White T-Shirt if you have it from past.
● Check-in at JCNC registration booth at the entrance.
● Above all don’t forget bring tone of enthusiasm
● This hike is with loose gravel, dirt trail and slopes may be strenuous for some.
JCNC, or any of JCNC volunteers are not responsible for any loss of item or any injury while hiking.
Address and Parking:
Address: Mission Peak Park, East end of Stanford Avenue, off Mission Blvd, Fremont, CA
Parking: Parking on Stanford Avenue and other surrounding streets is very limited and stringent.
We highly recommend car-pooling.
What is Mission Peak?
Mission Peak is a moderate to strenuous trail with a constant uphill climb until you reach the summit. The trail is a well maintained gravel base until the last half mile. Hiking Mission Peak delivers that “Yes, I did it!” feeling, not to mention stunning views from the top.
For More details about Mission Peak: http://www.ebparks.org/parks/mission#parking_information
Please reach out to JCNC cultural in case you have any questions email@example.com
JCNC Cultural Committee
· Pujya Shri Brahmachariji's 125 years birth Anniversary Celebration - May 7th - 10th
· JCNC Annual Picnic - June 14th 2015