JCNC is glad to announce a new class on Sutra, Stuti and practical rituals.
Who: Children Grade 1 above, Youth and Adults
When (For all age-groups): 10:00 AM to 11:20 AM (2nd and 4th Sunday – Junior Shala Day)
First class is starting on Sunday Feb 10, 2013. Dates for the remaining shala year are 2/10, 2/24, 3/10, 3/24, 4/14, 4/28, 5/12, 5/26
When (For age 18 and above): Tentative 10:00 AM to 11:20 AM (1std and 3rd Sunday – Senior Shala Day). Start date TBD (Please do sign-up now.)
Where: Jain Bhavan, Milpitas (Class-room location will be on notice-board)
Instructors: Rakesh Jain, Sumedha Shah, Taresh Parekh
Registration: Click Here for online sign-up
Fees: $10 for the remaining shala year. Payable via Cash or Check payable to JCNC on first day of your class
· The main focus would be to learn Sutras and Stutis, with other practical rituals at your own level and pace. You can join at any level where you are.
· Participants would be provided copies of English and Gujarati/Hindi Sutras with summary. If you have any book at home, please feel free to get it with you.
· Rituals will include Darshan, Ang Pooja (like Jal, Chandan, Flower), Agra Pooja (like Dhoop, Deep, Rice, Sweet, Fruit), Bhaav Pooja ( like Chaityavandan), Aangi , doing Saathiya/Swastik etc.
· Initially, this will be a combined class for all levels and all age groups. Depending on number of sign-ups, age-group and level of signed up participants; we may have separate class for youth and/or for adults.
· For current Jain shala students, this is an add-on class and not a replacement of the regular senior shala class.
· Many of the Stutras and stutis are applicable to all Jain traditions. If you follow different than Shwetamber tradition, we would arrange for instructor(s) who could teach you Sutras and rituals as applicable in your tradition.
· If you are interested in this class, but unable to join at mentioned schedule, please do sign-up and let us know your schedule choices in online form and we will review.
If you are interested to volunteer for this class in any way, please email email@example.com or you may contact above mentioned instructors.
Kiran Shah & Sharad Shah